As we all know Quickbooks is the most powerful software that helps accountants with their work. Through this software, a user can maintain any work related to bookkeeping such as payroll, employee details, bank transactions, bill payments, tax calculation, and other HR-related work. But, what if this software got broken or damaged with some error and starts troubling you while working on the software. Sometimes these types of issues come to light when Quickbooks get bugged or have encountered an error. Today we are going to explain Quickbooks error 15240 in this post that also interrupts your ongoing work within Quickbooks.
What is Quickbooks Error Code 15240?
Quickbooks error 15240 is basically an update error that emerges when a QB user tries to download the latest update of the software. The emergence of error 15240 signifies that there is something that went wrong and the updating procedure is going to be hampered. When Quickbooks error 15240 occurs a warning message displays on the screen with a message stating: “QuickBooks error 15240: HRESULT XXXXX the QuickBooks updated did not complete successfully”
There are plenty of reasons behind this error, scroll down the page to the next paragraph to acknowledge those reasons.
Why Does QuickBooks Update Error 15240 Occurs?
- The error interrupts your updating procedure if the Quickbooks version you are using is outdated.
- If you are not logged in with admin right into Quickbooks
- If the windows register file gets damaged or corrupted.
- The link you are using to update the software is broken or incorrect
- If you are using QB multi-user mode within the terminal service setting.
You might be interested in: Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
How To Recognize Error 15240 Quickbooks?
- Quickbooks starts refusing the updating process
- The Payroll update starts failing.
- Users get into trouble while doing payroll within Quickbooks.
How To Resolve Quickbooks Error 15240?
Follow the instruction to fix the error 15240 on your system to get smooth and uninterrupted service within Quickbooks.
1: Run Quickbooks With Admin Rights
- Close Quickbooks
- Right-tap on the QB icon
- Select Run As Administrator Option there.
2: Use Quickbooks Clean Install to Reinstall the Software
- First of all, uninstall Quickbooks from the system
- Now install the QB clean install tool in the system from the official site of Intuit.
- Rename all the installed folders that stored while downloading the tool
- Now run the QB clean install tool
- Here choose the version of Quickbooks you want to install on the system.
3: Verify the System’s Date And Time is Correct
- Visit the control panel
- Select the Date & Time option to open it
- Now correct the date and time according to the zone.
- Hit the apply and then Ok button
4: Verify The Browser Setting
- Go to the Internet Explorer
- Now choose the Gear icon and choose the Internet option
- Here move towards the Advanced tab
- After that mark SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 under the security tab
- Now hit the apply and then Ok button
5: Check Third-Party Firewall
- Consult the third-party firewall’s developer for information on how to change the settings and allow QuickBooks to download and install updates.
- Also, make sure the following files have permission to pass through the firewall:
- You should also make sure that ports 80 and 443 aren’t blocked.
6: Adding Windows Permission to Quickbooks Installation Folder
- First, shut off QuickBooks.
- After that, go to C: Program Files. C: Program files are also available for 64-bit applications (x86).
- After that, right-click on the intuit folder and select Properties from the menu.
- After that, go to the security tab and pick the advanced option.
- You must confirm that the user group is the folder’s owner. If this is not the case, you will need to gain ownership of the Intuit folder by following the procedures below:
- On the advanced security settings page, click Change underneath the owner name.
- Select the check names and type users in the input of the object name to select the field.
- The following step is to press the OK button.
- Replace the owner on sub containers and objects as well.
- After that, click the Apply and OK tabs.
- On the permissions panel, pick the users and then click the full control option.
- Toggle between the apply and OK tabs.
- Try downloading the updates again, and if the problem persists, repeat the procedures above for the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- (64-bit users) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Intuit
Also Read: How to Resolve Quickbooks Won't Open Error
Hopefully, the above article helped you well to understand the error 15240 Quickbooks in detail. This post will tell you the method to fix the error without any hassle. If you liked this article and have any suggestions kindly comment your thoughts in the comment box below.
If you find any difficulty to resolve the error then contact Quickbooks customer care support. They are assigned to help all the QB users around the world in terms of fixing QB errors.